Apollo Firebird V4
CPU Accelerator for A500/A1000/A2000
- CPU: Apollo 68080 AMMX with 64-bit support
- Memory: 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- Video: SAGA RTG, Truecolor 32-bit, 1280x720@60Hz
- Audio:8/16-bit, 56 kHz, 24-bit mixing, 8 DMA voices
- 2x FastIDE controller (CompactFlash and CD-ROM)
- USB port (joypad)
- 100Mbit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Digital Audio/Video out
- microSD card port (for data exchange)
Why the V4 Technology
This way we can ensure high quality production, software and support. That also means high volume production - we will clear the all waiting lists very quickly.
On top of that new accelerators come with a bunch of additional features: 16bit Audio, 2x IDE port for CF and CD-ROM, 100 MBit Ethernet and USB Joypad support. Along with SD card port and real-time clock.
V4 technology means C5 FPGA (V4) with twice the capacity of the C3 (V2).
And it makes it easier for software developers as all cards have the same features (like 16bit audio or 512MB memory) Being able to use same features everywhere does simplifie coding by a magnitude.